Turn your passion for making a positive difference in people’s lives into a rewarding career. Join us our team!
Are you a caring person who loves helping others? Be a part of creating meaningful, independent and productive lives for adults with intellectual disabilities.
Join our TEAM today!fill out and submit an application online here
Glenkirk offers a range of full and part time employment opportunities which include:
- Direct Support Professionals (first, second & third shifts)
Benefits of Employment
Glenkirk values our employees because it is there dedicated service that makes great things possible for the individuals we serve. Our benefit package reflects Glenkirk’s commitment to ensuring our employees are appreciated and respected.
Your benefit package might include:
- Competitive pay
- Insurance: medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision
- Paid training
- Paid time off
- The option to participate in our retirement program
- Education reimbursement
Requirements vary based on the nature of the position being sought by the applicant. In compliance with the Illinois Department of Human Services and Illinois Department of Public Health, all applicants must meet the following general requirements:
- Applicants must pass a background check, which includes fingerprints, DSFS CANTS, reference checks and educational background checks.
- Applicants must pass an Adult Basic Education (TABE) test prior to hiring if the position is offered.
Employee Training and Education
Staff training is critical to ensure the quality of the service and supports Glenkirk offers. We provide our staff with initial orientation as well as ongoing training. New employees must commit to 120 hours of training prior to working at Glenkirk program locations.
Training topics include:
- Introduction to Intellectual Disabilities
- Human Rights
- Abuse/Neglect & Exploitation
- First Aid
- Ensuring the Rights of the Individual
- Non- Violent Crisis Interventions
- Community Integration
Get Started Today
If you are interested in applying for a position at Glenkirk, and meet the basic requirements, contact our Human Resources Department at 847-400-8554 or fill out and submit an application online.
Upon receiving your application, our recruiter will notify you if your application is selected for an interview.
3504 Commercial Avenue
Northbrook, IL. 60062
Phone: 847-272-5111 ext. 554